We gave Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100 percent Whey Protein a perfect 5 out of 5-star rating. This product is of excellent quality and may be an excellent companion in achieving your own objectives. This protein powder is especially useful for increasing lean muscle growth, improving overall gym performance, and aiding in essential recovery and repair.
The protein source is 100 percent whey, and each meal contains 24 grams of protein. Whey Protein Isolates (WPI) are the major component, along with ultra-filtered Whey Protein Concentrate and Whey Peptides. WPI is extremely pure, and it digests rapidly and readily in the body.
This is critical for muscle growth and recovery since your body need a burst of amino acids to repair and grow. It also contains 5.5 grams of BCAAs and 4 grams of glutamine and glutamic acid (Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine).
Protein synthesis is boosted, fatigue is reduced, and muscular strength is increased. This product has a fantastic flavor and is simple to prepare. It’s incredibly easy to use and can be used at any time of day to help you improve your gym performance or fulfill your daily protein needs.
It does not have any negative side effects when using this protein powder, which is fantastic! It’s low in fat, calories, carbohydrates, and sugar, so it’ll keep you clean as you develop muscle. Although this product is more expensive than the norm, it nevertheless provides excellent value. Overall, this is an excellent protein powder that receives a 10/10 rating!
What Is Optimum Nutrition?
With over 30 years of experience in the sports nutrition business, Optimum Nutrition now provides some of the world’s most popular sports nutrition products. These, like their Gold Standard 100 percent Whey, are meant to boost your strength and recuperation, health and wellbeing, and help you increase your protein consumption.
We recommend our Optimum Nutrition purchasing guide to learn more about their protein powders, bars, ready-to-drinks, BCAAs, glutamine, pre-workout supplements, creatine, multivitamins, and weight loss products. This section contains an overview of the health advantages you may anticipate from each product, as well as the sizes and flavors that are available, as well as the doses for the main components.
We’ve also included in-depth evaluations and comparisons with other top-rated nutrition providers, so you can be sure you’re getting the finest supplement for your fitness needs.
Detailed Opinion of Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein Powder:
Ease Of Use
- One of the easiest protein powders to use is Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100 percent Whey.
- It blends in much better than the bulk of other proteins.
- It’s even intended to be made without the need of a shaker or mixer!
- This one comes together quickly with only a spoon, which is a lifesaver when you’re rushing out the door.
- Mix 1 rounded scoop with 6-8 ounces of water or your favorite beverage.
- With a spoon, mix for 30 seconds; in a shaker, mix for 25-30 seconds.
- It has a nice consistency and isn’t thick or gritty in any way.
- Our experts tested the “Delicious Strawberry” flavor of this protein powder, and it certainly lives up to its name.
- If you enjoy strawberries, you’ll adore this protein taste.
- It’s not too sweet like other powders, but it still has a strong strawberry flavor when combined with water.
- Mix it with your favorite milk (almond, coconut, low fat) to make a strawberry milkshake delight!
- According to the macros, this protein offers 24 grams of protein, 1.5 grams of fat, and 3 grams of carbohydrates per serving.
- This combination is excellent for lean muscle growth, recuperation, and general performance.
- Each serving has 120 calories and is made up of 1 rounded scoop.
- Overall, it’s minimal in calories, carbohydrates, fat, and sugar, all of which assist you gain lean muscle mass rather than bulk.
- Gold Standard 100 percent Whey is made with high-quality components that set it apart from the competition.
- Whey Protein Isolates are the main component and source of protein (WPI).
- This type of whey is extremely pure and high in quality.
- It may be more expensive, but you will surely receive your money’s worth.
- It also contains Whey Protein Concentrate and Whey Peptides that have been ultra-filtered.
- It is readily and quickly absorbed, whey protein is great for muscle development and recovery.
- This provides your body with a burst of amino acids.
- Every scoop also contains about 4 grams of glutamine and glutamic acid.
- These aid protein synthesis, contain anti-catabolic effects, and help muscles contract more easily.
- Each dose contains more than 5 grams of Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine, which are naturally occurring Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs).
- BCAAs assist to enhance muscle synthesis, reduce fatigue, and improve muscular development over time.
- This protein powder is also low in fat, carbohydrates, and sugar, making it ideal for building lean muscle. Because it’s a whey protein powder, it contains milk and soy.
Side Effects of Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein Powder
- When experts used Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100 percent Whey, they had no bad side effects. This is a significant benefit!
- It didn’t cause any bloating or soreness in my stomach.
- This powder should be avoided if you’re sensitive to or allergic to milk or soy (lecithin).
- It also contains sucralose, an artificial sweetener that has caused some people to experience mild bloating or stomach aches.
Best Uses of Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein Powder
- We think this protein powder is ideal if you’re trying to develop, maintain, and repair lean muscle once we’ve finished evaluating it.
- Each meal contains 24 grams of protein, which is sufficient for muscle development and recovery.
- It can also assist to improve overall performance.
- This protein powder is extremely versatile, as it may be used as a pre-workout fuel, a post-workout recovery drink, or at any time during the day to help meet your protein requirements.
Price/Value of Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein Powder
- It costs $28.49 for a 1-pound bag of Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100 percent Whey.
- Each 1 pound package contains 14 servings.
- This equates to 11.79 cents every gram of protein consumed.
- That is more costly than the national average.
- The product’s quality, on the other hand, is well worth the additional price.
- It’s a wonderful deal for the money, and you can often get it cheaper somewhere online.
- We really like this protein powder; however, we were sad to discover that it didn’t come with a warranty.
- This is unfortunate since we like firms who can stand behind their items with a money-back or satisfaction guarantee.
- At the very least, they have a 30-day return policy provided 75 percent of the goods is unopened.
- If this is the case, your purchase will be refunded in the original mode of payment.
Where Can I Purchase Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein Powder?
Vitamins, minerals, and Aminogen® are all included.
There aren’t many whey protein powders that contain a long list of micronutrients (vitamins and minerals). Gold Standard Whey has 8% of your daily calcium requirement, which is one of the lowest we’ve observed. Unless you buy casein, though, it’s unusual to get more than 25% per serving.
The sodium level is minimal, although it varies with taste. For example, the Cookies & Cream flavor has 200 mg (8 percent DV), whereas the Strawberry Banana flavor contains just 60 mg (3 percent DV). Cholesterol levels vary somewhat, with up to 55 mg (18% DV) in Delicious Strawberry and 30 mg (10% DV) in Chocolate Coconut.
Cocoa, natural and artificial flavors, acesulfame potassium as a sweetener, and soy lecithin to increase mixability are among the other ingredients stated on the label.
In addition to lactase, Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey contains a mix of enzymes called Aminogen®.
Aminogen® is an enzyme system that aids in protein digestion and reduces the bloating that some individuals feel when they consume protein shakes as part of a high-protein diet. It’s also thought to promote muscle protein synthesis by increasing amino acid absorption and retaining larger amounts of nitrogen. This makes it an excellent alternative for anyone seeking to gain muscle mass.
Around 11 g of Essential Amino Acids (EAAs), 7.7 g of Conditionally Essential Amino Acids (CAAs), and 5.3 g of Nonessential Amino Acids are included in each serving of Gold Standard 100 percent Whey (NAAs).
Amino Acid Profile Of Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein
EAAS (Essential Amino Acids) (11 G)
CAAS (Conditionally Essential Amino Acids) (7.7 G)
- Glutamic Acid
NAAS (Nonessential Amino Acids) (5.3 G)
- Aspartic Acid
Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein Powder Flavors
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Double Rich Chocolate
- Key Lime Pie
- Whey Salted Caramel
- Naturally Flavored Chocolate
- Naturally Flavored Vanilla
- Birthday Cake
- Banana Cream
- Chocolate Maltb
- Cookies and Cream
- Chocolate Mint
- Strawberry Banana
- French Vanilla Crème
- Rocky Road
- Extreme Milk Chocolate
- Delicious Strawberry
- Mocha Cappuccino
- Cake Donut
- Chocolate Peanut Butter
- Cake Batter
- Chocolate Coconut
- White Chocolate
When compared to the competition, this is a good product that provides great value for money. It’s a well-balanced combination that’s great for post-workout or as a meal replacement on a variety of regimens, including the ketogenic diet. Is it deserving of its status as a best seller?
Unless you’re a professional athlete, it’s a strong candidate for anybody looking for a general-purpose protein powder. This product is also a good choice if you’re new to protein supplements. If you’re lactose intolerant, should you avoid this product, as it contains a little lactose quantity.
Optimum Nutrition Gold StandardPer Serving: $0.76
- Contains Three Kinds Of Whey
- Contains Enzymes To Improve Digestion
- Mixes Well
- Trusted Brand
- Massive Flavor Variety
- Aids in Quick Recovery
- Good Sweetness Level
- Contains Artificial Sweeteners
- Ingredients Label Could Be More Descriptive
- Contains Lecithin And Soy
- May Cause Stomach Upset